LIONS PUBLIC SCHOOL
Holidays Home Work
CLASS IV (2018-2019)
( i )Shah Jahan
( ii ) Akbar
Choose anyone Indian state Describe about the state using following points:
Roll No:1-10Northern State
Note: All the work to be done in a separate notebook costing Rs. 5
Practice in written.
Take the printout on A4 size sheet and paste them in your notebook on Plain page.
Do let us recall let us revise Try these and examples of all the chapters (1, 2).
ASSIGNMENT (To be done on sheets)
1,12, 123, 1234,___,____,_____.
Note: Prepare well for Periodic Test-I (Chapter: 1, 2).
LIONS PUBLIC DCHOOL
* All the work to be doing in a separate 5 Rs copy.
1) Search 5 Words from newspaper daily. Write their meanings and from sentences.
2) You are Raj/Rekha, Captain of your school. Your school is organizing a workshop on “Save Trees” for the students of class IV and V.Draft a notice informing the students about the same. Mention necessary details.
3) You are Gaurav / Geeta, resident of k-55 Raj Nagar, New Delhi. Write a letter to your friend describing him/her about your Holidays.
4) Write 4 dairy entries at the end of every week sharing your experiences about the whole week.
5) Practice Grammar topics-Sentences (Kinds/Rearrange), Subject/ Predicate, Nouns, Verbs and Punctuations. (Pg. - 8 to 20) (Pg. – 45 to 50).
6) Learn the syllabus of periodic test-I
7) Learn a Poem for the Poem Recitation Competition to be held in July.
2) Practice let us Revise, solved examples; Let us Recall and Try These of Ch- 1, 2, 3, 8.
3) Do the Assignments given on Separate Sheets and bring on 5th July.
4) Make a beautiful, well Labelled Chart on A-3 size sheet on the following topics:-
a) Place Value Table –Indian and International System (R.no- 1 to 7).
b) Types of Angles (R.no- 8 to 14)
c) Types of Triangles (R.no- 15 to 21)
d) Roman Numerals (R.no- 22 to 28)
e) Types of Polygons (R.no- 29 to 35)
f) Differences between Line, Line-segment and Ray (R.no- 36 to 42)
Q1 Fill in the blanks-
1. The difference of place value and face value of digit 7 in 5067893 is _________________
2. 10 Millions =_____________Lakhs.
3. Successor of 18,999 is ______________.
4. On rounding the number 7,38,957 to the nearest 1000, we get ____________
5. The greatest 4- digit number using three different digits is ______________
6. Which symbols in Roman system are never repeated?________________
7.18,99,500 +________= 19,09,500
8. 5 Lakhs + 7 thousands = 4 Lakhs + __________ thousands.
9. 7000 more than 5, 09, 38,272 is ______________
10. Differences between the largest 5-digit number and smallest 6-digit number is ______________
11. 200 less than 6, 98,072 is ______________
12. 6, 95,387 - _________ = 2,89,658.
Q2 Simplify- 9,87,08,009 – 7,99,64,856 + 1,76,08,365
Q3 A Factory produced 36,95,752 cycles inaparticular year .Next year it produced 40,63,536 cycles. Find the increase in the production of cycles.
Q4 Arrange in ascending orders:
a) 36,95,086; 5,99,399; 60,08,173; 99,999; 41,65,007
Q5 Write in expanded form:-38,09,568
Q6 Form the greatest and the smallest 7-digit numbers using the digits 7, 0, 5
Q7 Fill in the missing numbers to continue pattern-
a) 68,28,078; 68,26,078; 68,24,078; __________; __________; __________.
b) 5,86,77,912; 5,86,87,912; 5,86,97,912;________; _________; __________.
Q8 How many 8-digits numbers are there?
Q9 a) Rewrite using International system of numeration- Six crore, ten thousand one hundred nine.
b) Rewrite using Indian system of numeration- Five hundred sixteen million, three hundred three thousand, and fifteen.
Q10 Round off a) 36895 to nearest 10 b) 5060956 to nearest ten-thousand c) 12,58,695 to nearest lakh
Q11 Write the Hindu Arabic numerals for- a) MCDXCV b) DCIII c) CCXLIX d) LXXIV
Q12 There were 6,97,805 bags of sugar, rice and wheat in a godown.If the number of sugar bags is 2,86,397 and wheat bags is 3,15,908, then find the number of rice bags.
1. Read L-1, 5,6,7,8 three times each.
2. Learn Question-Answer and exercises of Lession 1, 5,6,7,8 thoroughly.
3. Make a beautiful Model on the following topics-
4. Make a beautiful and Well Labelled diagram of the following on A-3 Size Sheet.
a) Solar Eclipse (L-11):- R.no 1 to 7
b) Lunar Eclipse(L-11):- R.no 8 to 14
c) Volcanoes (L-13):- R.no 15 to 21
d) Three states of Matter (L-4):-R.no 22 to 28
e) Human Brain (L-7):- R.no 29 to 35
f) Layers of Atmosphere (L-10):- R.no 36 to 43
1. Learn all the work done in the class.
2 Prepare a Model on:-
a) Layers of Atmosphere: - R.no 1 to 10
b) Grid (Network of Latitude & Longitude):- R.no 11 to 20
c) Water Cycle: - R.no 21 to 30
d) Means of Communication:-R.no 30 onwards
3. World Environment Day is celebrated on 5thJune every year to spread awareness. The theme for the Environment Day is “Connecting People to Nature”. Make a POSTER based on this theme on A-3 Size Sheet.
4. Make a Project on the following topics pate pictures also
a) Our Heritage: - R.no 1 to 12
b) Natural Disaster:-R.no 13 to 25
c) Equatorial Forest:-R.no 26 onwards.
5. Update yourself with latest news.
1. Prepare a chart describing all the Generations of computer (Refer pg. no. 8 in book)
3. Learn all work done in copy and book.
ART & CRAFT
1. Do neat pencil colouring in the colouring book “Artoons” in the following pages:-4 to 11
2. Make the following compositions on A-4 size White Ivory Sheet and colour it also:-
a) Poster on Save Environment.
b) Rainy Day
b) Make any object out of Waste material.
1. Learn Pages-7 to 19.
2. Write Current Affairs (10) in G.K copy.